SWEENEY RUSH LATE MODEL SERIES 2ND ANNUAL "TRAVELING" MFG NIGHT PRESENTED BY MSD JULY 19 AT GENESEE; OVER $14,000 IN PRODUCT TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO FULTON, GENESEE, HUMBERSTONE & OUTLAW RUSH RACERS
By Mike Leone
July 14, 2018 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)...The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Series powered by Pace Performance will hold its second annual "traveling" "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance on Thursday, July 19 at New York's Genesee Speedway. This night of course will be in addition to the annual "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD, which will be held at Tri-City Park on Sunday, August 19. Speedway Showcase will produce a televised program from Thursday's event that will air on the CW Network in the Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse markets at a date TBA.
The Genesee event will be a Sweeny Platinum Tour race paying $1,500 to-win part of the Genesee County Fair and has now been coupled with the rescheduled $2,000 to-win "Gary Montgomery Memorial" Marquee Tour event the following night (Friday, July 20) giving racers once again back-to-back Tour events in the Empire State.
Last year, over $13,000 in actual product was distributed to Mid-Atlantic racers at Winchester Speedway at the inaugural "traveling" Manufacturers Night. This year's event has been moved to New York for RUSH's northern sector with a over $14,0000 of currently posted below in the preliminary product list (see list below). Next year's event is expected to return to the Mid-Atlantic region.
Only drivers in the top 15 in "track" points (not RUSH member points) through July 15 at Fulton, Genesee, Humberstone, and Outlaw Speedways that are competing and legal at Genesee on July 19 will be eligible for the prizes. Of course, all legal racers are eligible to compete in the event. Platinum Tour events allow Tour member drivers that have missed a Tour race(s) to use the events as a replace event or Tour members can use the event to throw out their worst finish.
"As RUSH continues to grow we realize that it's tough for many of our racers on the outer lying areas to get to our annual Manufacturers Night," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "We try to schedule our Manufacturers Night at a location and date when as many racers as possible can attend, but we know there are many that cannot; thus the traveling Manufacturers Night was born last year. This is also a great way to reach out to these sanctioned speedways and their racers to show that we greatly appreciate their support."
"The northern part of our region has really grown over the past few years," continued Emig. "Genesee is now in its third year under promoter Jim Johnson and the track has thrived with car counts and fan attendance. Fulton, Outlaw, and Humberstone continue as weekly-sanctioned tracks and it's also great tracks like Brewerton, Can-Am, Weedsport, and Skyline have come on board to hold special events."
"We have to thank all of our great marketing partners that have continued to support our efforts over the years and who have made this second night possible for our Late Models along with the other Manufacturers Night events for our other divisions on both dirt and asphalt," added Emig. "Overall this season RUSH Late Model competitors will have an opportunity to share over $50,000 in actual useful product giveaways via these two exciting events, with over $150,000 in products expected to be dispersed throughout the entire RUSH Series via our 2018 Manufacturers Nights. The most important thing I can ask our racers is that they in turn support these sponsors by utilizing their quality products in their racing operations."
2018 "Traveling" Manufacturers Night presented by MSD Performance Product Prize List
1. Velocita- Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,000)
2. Holley- Holley LTS 4150 Aluminum Ultra XP 650 CFM Carb ($780)
3. Lincoln Electric- One Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
4. Jones Racing Products- SBC 55+ Amp Radius Tooth HTD Alternator Kit ($557)
5. MSD Performance- Pro Billet Chevy V-8 Distributor with Cap & Rotor, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil & MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set ($550)
6. Dynamic Drivelines- 1 Carbon Fiber Driveshaft ($535)
7. Dynamic Drivelines- 1 Carbon Fiber Driveshaft ($535)
8. Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance- 1 Drum Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums RUSH 91 ($535)
9. Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance- 1 Drum Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums RUSH 91 ($535)
10. Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance- 1 Drum Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums RUSH 91 ($535)
11. Velocita/Ultra Shield- Pair of Velocita Hot Shoes, Gloves & 1 Ultra Shield Harness System/2 Box Tearoffs ($527)
12. FK Rod Ends- One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
13. FK Rod Ends- One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
14. Schoenfeld Headers- One Set of Custom Long Tube Crate LM Headers ($500)
15. Schoenfeld Headers- One Set of Custom Long Tube Crate LM Headers ($500)
16. Wrisco Aluminum- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum ($432)
17. Wrisco Aluminum- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum ($432)
18. Hoosier Tire Canada- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires ($316)
19. Hoosier Tire Canada- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires ($316)
20. C. Smith Machineshop- 1 SBC Protorque Bert/Brinn Starter/1 Set GM 1299224 Valve Springs/1 MSD Standard Cap/Roter Kit ($315)
21. Earl's Performance Products/Quick Fuel- $200 of Quick Fuel/Earls Product Certificates/6 Bottles TBM Brake Fluid/Dirt Defender Wheel Cover Package ($315)
22. Jones Racing Products/TBM Brakes- SBC Crate Serpentine Belt Drive Kit & 3 Bottles TBM Brake Fluid ($315)
23. Donath Motorworx- $300 of Pace Performance Gift Cards ($300)
24. Frankland Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate for Product or Repairs ($300)
25. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300)
26. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300)
27. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300)
28. Landrum Performance Springs- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($300)
29. Luke's Auto Machine- $300 of Pace Performance Gift Cards ($300)
You do not have to a member of RUSH to compete. The MyLaps/AMB transponders will be used. One-way driver radios are always mandatory on the default 454.000 channel. There will be a $75 entry fee.
Genesee Speedway is located off Route 5 at the Genesee County Fairgrounds at 5056 E Main Street Rd, Batavia, NY 14020. For more information, check out their website at genesee-speedway.com and like them on Facebook by searching Genesee Speedway.
RUSH Late Model marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Earl's Performance Plumbing, Quick Fuel Technology, FK Rod Ends, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, Racing Electronics, Dirt Defender, Dynamic Drivelines, Wrisco Industries, Frankland Racing Supply, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, TBM Brakes, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, Pancho's Racing Products Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, Landrum Performance Spring, Schwartzmiller Ground Maintenance, Close Racing Supply, CrateInsider.com, RockAuto.com, Valley Fashions, Dirt Late Model Magazine, and Three Rivers Karting.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.