VALUABLE "MFG NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD WITH OVER $30,000 IN PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS SATURDAY AT PITTSBURGH FOR SWEENEY RUSH LATE MODEL TOURING SERIES
By Mike Leone
July 17, 2019 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Imperial, PA)...The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Touring Series powered by Pace Performance continues its stretch of big events in successive weeks with the rescheduled "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance this Saturday night (July 20) at Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway that was rained out back on June 29. Race #12 of the 2019 season will be the first of three Marquee Tour Events at the "Monster Half-Mile" this season.
Saturday at Pittsburgh is also the "Herb Scott Memorial". Scott won 520 feature events. He was inducted into the National Dirt Track Hall of Fame, the Western PA Sports Hall of Fame, the Lernerville Speedway Hall of Fame and the Pocono Speedway Hall of Fame. Scott was a three-time "Dapper Dan" award winner and a 10-time Pittsburgh Racing Association winner.
Over the years, Series director Vicki Emig has strategically scheduled "Manufacturers Night" at various speedways throughout the region to ensure as many RUSH racers as possible have the opportunity to participate. With the growth of the Series, RUSH added a "traveling" Manufacturers Night" in 2017 with that event alternating between New York and the Mid-Atlantic regions.
Saturday will mark the eighth edition of "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance, which will take place at PPMS for the second time in conjunction with the $2,000 to-win Sweeney Marquee Tour event. Each participating racer is guaranteed to walk away with an item valued at the very minimum of $300, with the majority of items valued at $500 or more. It's possible that several drivers can win multiple prizes. Combined, the 2019 Late Model "MFG Nights" will see over $45,000 in valuable products dispersed to RUSH Late Model racers; and well over $100,000 of products dispersed throughout the entire RUSH Racing Series!
Past locations of "MFG Nights" with car counts in parentheses are Sharon Speedway in 2012 (57), Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway in 2013 (40), McKean County Raceway in 2014 (43), Eriez Speedway in 2015 (47), and Tri-City Raceway Park from 2016-2018. The 2016 event had a Northeast record 58 cars with 48 in 2017 and 45 last year. The average car count has been 48+!
The two major prizes Saturday valued at over $1,000 include four F3 Tornado Brake Calipers from TBM Brakes ($1,800) and a full custom driver’s suit from Velocita-USA ($1,000). Velocita will actually be giving away a second suit valued at $700. Sylvan Easler, the owner of longtime Series sponsor, Alternative Power Sources, has been involved with "Manufacturers Night" since its inception in 2012 when it began as just as Late Model event. Easler has annually posted one of the most valuable prizes throughout several of the Series. This year a Yamaha Power washer valued at $790 will be going to a lucky racer on Saturday.
Other companies such as MSD, Holley, FK Rod Ends, Schoenfeld Headers, Lincoln Electric, Jones Racing Products, Wehrs Machine, Ontime Body & Graphic, Schoenfeld Headers, Insinger Performance/Bazell Race Fuels, Trailer-Alarms.com, Landrum Performance Springs, Wrisco Industries, Hoosier Tire distributors, Performance Bodies & Parts, Frankland Racing Supply, Russell King Racing, Ingram Engines, Dirt Defender, Precise Racing Products, Close Racing Supply, and Absolute Powder Coating. The complete list of prizes to date is posted below.
"It has always been my goal to make sure every racer
receives a useful and valuable product on this night." said Emig. “Every racer
has the same chance of winning all of the items posted through a random draw.
There have been instances over the years where a racer who may not have fared so
well in the actual touring event that night left the facility with more value
than the driver who actually won the race. It’s really great to see everyone go
home with something you know they can utilize in their racing efforts. Also
thanks to the
Miley Family and Pennsylvania Motor Speedway management for again hosting this event and their continued support of all of RUSH's divisions."
"We are blessed with numerous nationally recognized and regional corporate marketing partners who believe not only in RUSH, but the various concepts that have helped us build the Series," continued Emig. "Being able to award tens of thousands of dollars in actual product via our sponsors directly into the hands of our racers in the long run helps RUSH stay healthy and viable. This concept provides a trickledown effect to all of our RUSH partners, racers, speedways, and of course our sponsors who through everyone's efforts along with their own continue to have race cars to sell their products to; our Manufacturers Nights simply would not be possible without their support."
Defending Series Champion, Jeremy Wonderling, leads the Sweeney Tour to Pittsburgh. Last year at PPMS, Wonderling had a pair of fourth place finishes and he hopes to better that as he has a 42-point lead over Michael Duritsky, Jr. Duritsky had a sixth and a fourth last weekend in Quebec as he moved into the runner-up spot in points in his first full season on the Tour. Duritsky already has a win this year at PPMS in Sweeney Weekly Series competition. Kyle Lukon, who owns 34 career wins at PPMS, is third in points with Braeden Dillinger and Ryan Frazee rounding out the top five. Jason Genco, Max Blair, Logan Zarin, Bill Kessler, Kyle Murray, Brian Knowles, and Sam Pennacchio complete the top 12 points paying positions.
The Sweeney Tour has completed 11 events this season with Blair leading the way with five victories. Wonderling won his three races in consecutive events in New York. Charlie Sandercock swept last weekend's inaugural "Quebec Invasion" events at Autodrome Granby and Le RPM Speedway, while Logan Roberson won the Winchester portion of the "Battle of the Bay" Speedweek presented by Wehrs Machine.
Past PPMS Sweeney RUSH Tour winners include Ryan Montgomery (3), Daryl Charlier (2), Colton Flinner, John Mollick, Mike Pegher, Jr., and Jacob Hawkins. The Tour will return to PPMS on August 10 for the "Jook George Steel City Classic" now paying a minimum of $7,510 to-win that has a rain date of August 11 followed by the "Bill Hendren Memorial" on October 4-5 paying a minimum of $4,000 to-win.
FK Rod Ends "Shock the Clock" Qualifying and $25 heat races will take place on Saturday night. Precise Racing Products will award a $100 gift card for the "Pedal Down" Hard Charger that passes the most cars in the feature. The TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of the Night” will award three bottles of Xtreme6 Racing Brake Fluid valued at approximately $45 along with a certificate for a discount off any TBM Brakes purchase. RUSH Late Model Series Officials will also determine the Dirt Defender "Defensive Drive" to the driver that best defended his position throughout the event, and will receive a $40 product package. The feature winner will receive a Sunoco 5-Gallon Race Jugs. Ontime Body & Graphic's "Spoiler Alert" will award a $150 spoiler to the 12th place finisher on Saturday.
2019 "Manufacturers Night" Prize List- Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway :
1. TBM Brakes- (4) F3 Tornado Brake Calipers ($1,800)
2. Velocita-USA- Full custom drivers suit ($1,000)
3. Alternative Power Sources- Yamaha PW3028 Power Washer ($790)
4. Holley- One 4150 LTS Aluminum Ultra XP 650 CFM Carburetor ($780)
5. Holley- One 4150 LTS Aluminum Ultra XP 650 CFM Carburetor ($780)
6. Lincoln Electric- Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
7. Ontime Body & Graphics- Complete Custom LM wrap ($700)
8. Velocita-USA- One Team Driving Suit ($700)
9. Trailer-Alarms.com- 1 PTS-2 Trailer Alarm System & 1 Hasp Plus Trailer Lock ($685)
10. Trailer-Alarms.com- 1 PTS-2 Trailer Alarm System & 1 Hasp Plus Trailer Lock ($685)
11. Wrisco Industries/Ontime Body & Graphics- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum & Spoiler Kit ($600)
12. Wrisco Industries/Ontime Body & Graphics- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum & Spoiler Kit ($600)
13. Wrisco Industries/Ontime Body & Graphics- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum & Spoiler Kit ($600)
14. MSD Performance- MSD 6CT Ignition Control, Blaster HVC Coil & 8.5mm Super Conductor Plug Wire Set ($600)
15. Jones Racing Products- SBC 55 Amp Radius Tooth HTD Alternator Kit ($557)
16. Jones Racing Products- SBC 55 Amp Radius Tooth HTD Alternator Kit ($557)
17. MSD Performance- Pro Billet Distributor, Blaster HVC, Coil & Plug Wire Set ($550)
18. MSD Performance- Pro Billet Distributor, Blaster HVC, Coil & Plug Wire Set ($550)
19. Schoenfeld Headers- Custom Headers ($550)
20. Schoenfeld Headers- Custom Headers $550)
21. Schoenfeld Headers- Custom Headers ($550)
22. Bazell Race Fuels- 1 Drum of Sunoco 110 ($535)
23. Insinger Performance- 1 Drum of Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums of RUSH 91 ($535)
24. Insinger Performance- 1 Drum of Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums of RUSH 91 ($535)
25. Insinger Performance- 1 Drum of Sunoco 110 or 2 Drums of RUSH 91 ($535)
26. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
27. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
28. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
29. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
30. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
31. FK Rod Ends- Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
32. Russell King Racing- $500 Gift Certificate ($500)
33. Ingram Engines- Beehive Conversion Kit ($414)
34. Velocita-USA/Precise Racing Products - 1 Pair of Hot Driving Shoes & 1 Pair of Gloves/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($400)
35. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
36. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
37. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
38. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
39. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
40. Hoosier Tire Distributors/Dirt Defender- 2 CUSA Hoosier Tires/Dirt Defender Products ($400)
41. Landrum Performance Springs/Racing Electronics- 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/Switch Receiver ($400)
42. Landrum Performance Springs/Racing Electronics- 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/Switch Receiver ($400)
43. Landrum Performance Springs/Racing Electronics- 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/Switch Receiver ($400)
44. Landrum Performance Springs/Racing Electronics- 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/Switch Receiver ($400)
45. Oakley/Precise Racing Products- Driving Gloves, Shoes & $100 Precise Gift Card ($400)
46. Frankland Racing Supply/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate for Products or Repairs/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($360)
47. Frankland Racing Supply/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate for Products or Repairs/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($360)
48. Wehrs Machine/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($360)
49. Wehrs Machine/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($360
50. Jones Racing Products/TBM Brakes- SBC Belt Drive Kit/1 case (6) TBM HT Brake Fluid ($305)
51. Close Racing Supply- $300 Gift Certificate ($300)
52. Performance Bodies & Parts- $300 Gift Certificate ($300)
53. Performance Bodies & Parts- $300 Gift Certificate ($300)
54. Performance Bodies & Parts- $300 Gift Certificate ($300)
Additional Drawing: Absolute Powder Coating ($550 gift certificate towards powder coating of a new chassis)
Pittsburgh Feature Payoff: 1. $2,000 2. $1,000 3. $650 4. $550 5. $470 6. $435 7. $410 8. $370 9. $340 10. $310 11. $280 12. $270 13. $260 14. $250 15. $240 16. $235 17. $230 18-24 $225.
Pittsburgh Non-Qualifier Payoff: 1. $200 2. $190 3. $185 4. $180 5. $175 6. $170 7. $165 8. $160 9. $155 10-24. $150. Tow $125.
2019 Sweeney RUSH Late Model Touring Series points (only Tour members receive points): 1. Jeremy Wonderling 902 2. Michael Duritsky, Jr. 860 3. Kyle Lukon 846 4. Braeden Dillinger 843 5. Ryan Frazee 800 6. Jason Genco 787 7. Max Blair 766 8. Logan Zarin 749 9. Bill Kessler 745 10. Kyle Murray 685 11. Brian Knowles 579 12. Sam Pennacchio 537 13. Darrell Bossard 498 14. Chad Sines 492 15. J.J. Mazur 472 16. John Waters 446 17. Ross Robinson 368 18. Jared Kane 296 19. Logan Roberson 286 20. Jamie Wrightsman 280 21. Dale Hollidge & Matt Latta 254 23. Jason Knowles 244 24. Trever Feathers 243 25. Cody Dawson 233 26. Scott Gunn 226 27. Paul Norman 217 28. Cory Sines 215 29. Dale McDonald 210 30. Jon Rivers 171 31. Beamer Guzzardi 80 32. Al Shawver, Jr. 70.
The pits will be open all afternoon on Saturday with the drivers meeting scheduled for 5:40 p.m., warm-ups at 6 followed by qualifying and then racing at 7. You do not have to be a member of RUSH to compete only to receive Weekly and/or Tour points. The entry fee for the event is $100. AMB/MyLaps transponders will be used. Driver radio will be channel 454.000.
Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway is a ˝-mile dirt track with a GPS address of 170 Kelso Rd, Imperial PA 15126, which is located just off the Noblestown exit on Routes 22/30. For more information, check out their website at www.ppms.com or call 412-279-7223. The track number on race day is 724-695-3363 or 724-695-0393. As for their social media outlets, you can like their page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PittsburghsPennsylvaniaMotorSpeedway or follow them on Twitter @PAMotorSpeedway.
RUSH Racing Series is brought to you by Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC & Pace Performance along with the support of Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Hovis Auto & Truck Supply, FK Rod Ends, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, TBM Brakes, Performance Bodies & Parts, Racing Electronics, Dirt Defender, Wrisco Industries, Frankland Racing Supply, Landrum Performance Spring, Ontime Body & Graphic, Trailer-Alarms.com, Bonnell's Rod Shop, Zarin Truck & Automotive, Sherwood Wheels, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, CrateInsider.com, and Valley Fashions.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.