RUSH POST-RACE COMPLETE TEARDOWN FROM MAY 18 AT ROARING KNOB DISQUALIFIES GEORGE KOWATIC; MICHAEL LAKE PASSES & IS AWARDED WIN
By Mike Leone
May 21, 2014 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)…On Tuesday afternoon, May 20, the GM 604 crate engines from May 18 Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Late Model Weekly Series event apparent winner George Kowatic and runner-up Michael Lake were inspected during a complete tear-down by RUSH Competition Director Travis Harry and NeSmith Competition Director Tim Sims.
The conclusive results were a disqualification of George Kowatic’s engine rebuilt by Powers Motors, while Michael Lake’s engine rebuilt by Race-1 met the specs per the GM Tech Manual. With these finding, the following adjustments, fines, and penalties will be imposed:
· Driver George Kowatic has been disqualified from the May 18 event forfeiting all points and monies. Additionally, Kowatic will lose all RUSH points earned in 2014, has been suspended for a 365-day period from RUSH and NeSmith Series competition, has been put on an indefinite probation by RUSH and NeSmith, and fined $1,000.
· Car owner Bobby Lake has been suspended for a 365-day period from RUSH and NeSmith competition, has been put on an indefinite probation by RUSH and NeSmith, and fined $1,000.
· Engine Rebuilder Powers Motors/Charles Powers has been barred indefinitely from Authorized Engine Rebuilding for NeSmith and RUSH Series.
· Driver Michael Lake will be awarded the May 18 event win and all other competitors will be moved up one position in the finishing order.
· All parts which did not meet GM specifications that were found in the engine were confiscated.
RUSH/NeSmith reminds all competitors that are in possession of engines rebuilt by Powers Motors that the legality of the motor(s) is your responsibility. For a list of NeSmith/RUSH Authorized Engine Rebuilders in the Northeast, check out the RUSH website at www.rushlatemodels.com and click on the Engines tab.
RUSH Late Model marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Precise Racing Products, ARbodies, The Brake Man, K&N Filters, Bilstein Shocks, Lincoln Electric, TurboStart, Beyea Headers, FK Rod Ends, Bobby Lake Motorsports, Driven Racing Oil, Crate Innovations Inc., Moroso Performance Products, High Gear Speed Shop, RainEater Wiper Blades, CrateInsider.com, Utsinger’s Towing, B.R.A.K.E.S., RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.